My Fitness Blog
By Rachele Brooke Smith
1. My workout regiment is always changing! I am a huge advocate of continually switching up training sessions (I call workouts training because it is not just a workout to me, it is a lifestyle…always training to be just a lil faster, stronger, peaceful and powerful) so that my body never gets used to the same thing. But with that being said I usually incorporate some sort of dance and yoga into all of my workouts, simply because it makes my body feel good and my spirit feel alive and happy. :) I also have changed my old beliefs that cardio is the be all and end all! It simply is not the case! Quick bursts of cardio mixed in with some sort of strength training is by far more beneficial and not to mention...fun! The more fun you make your "training sessions" the more you will want to keep doing it; not to mention the more healthy and happy you will become!
2. I eat as much veggies as I can possibly get my hands on! I really try and stick to the plain and simple whole organic natural foods as possible. I feel like I am always eating! I really want to help make a shift in the common misbelief that in order to be thin you have to eat less! I actually eat a ton of food, it’s just a ton of things like celery, snap peas, almonds, cashews, lean meats, spinach, kale, cucumbers, avocados, plant fusion protein powder, tomatoes, broccoli...
3. There are so many things that inspire me to be active and stay healthy. I think the main one is that I just always want to be the very best I can be...I think the way we view ourselves is one of the most important things in life! If you view yourself as a rockstar athlete then you will soon become one! Fitness and health just makes me feel great and energized, ready to take on any challenge that may come my way! I think of it more as fitness for my spirit more than anything else. Plus I always get the best ideas during my training sessions! I genuinely do love training and always find ways to make it new and fun so I will continually want to do it!
4. The biggest mistake people make when trying to get in shape, is think they can go kill themselves at the gym for an hour then go eat whatever they want and be sedentary throughout the rest of the day. I firmly believe "abs are made in the kitchen" meaning it’s really about 70% diet and 30% training (to see physical results). As a society we must shift our mindset from "working out" to being active throughout the day (long walks, hiking, biking...are so under rated) as well as viewing food as our fuel..." Would you ever put regular gas in a premium car?" Then why would you treat your body any different?
5. I honestly don’t think I could pick one thing that helps me stay in shape...it is all so connected mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. But once again, I think changing from the mindset of "killing myself at the gym" to being active throughout the day is huge!!! I think always reminding myself that no matter what is going in my sometimes crazy days that, "my well being is the most important above all else" especially because too much stress tends to make us either hold onto fat and or crazy sugary foods! I constantly say "I can choose peace over this!)" and it help me see the bigger better picture!